Quick Dinner Idea - Shrimp Pesto Pasta
You will need:
Yesterday, after a loooong day driving around for work deliveries, I just wanted to come home and unwind. Only the parents were away for the weekend and that meant no steaming dinner waiting on the table. Tough luck! I thought long hard at my options: heat up a frozen pizza or come up with a really fast dinner. After a quick tour in the pantry I decided on my all-time favorite pasta: the Tagliatelle.
I discovered this yummy variation when I was visiting my sister in Paris. As all Mauritians, I am undoubtedly a great fan of macaroni (my mom used to make it veggie-style on Fridays) and spaghetti. But tagliatelle is so much easier and fun to cook with (it cooks faster than spaghetti) and I usually recommend getting it fresh.
Anyway, I chose to whip up some quick creamy pesto tagliatelle for dinner to reward myself for another great productive day.
- 500g tagliatelle pasta
- 500g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 75g Pesto
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic pods, crushed
- Small handful parsley, chopped
- Grated Parmesan cheese ( Kraft works too : )
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (optional)
- Salt & Pepper
- Garam Masala (2 pinches)
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add tagliatelle pasta, and cook until al dente; drain.
- In a pan, heat butter and add the crushed garlic. Stir in the chopped parsley, followed closely by the shrimps. Season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 mins, until they turn pink. Reserve.
- Pour the pesto in a large saucepan and heat for 2 mins. Ass the cream.
- Turn off heat and add the shrimps and tagliatelle. Mix thoroughly. Season again if need be.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (or Kraft) and Garam Masala and serve hot!
Try this recipe for a romantic quick dinner. It works wonders!